Friday 19 March 2010

Last thoughts of the day

I'm very tired, being out that long is not what I'm used to, hurrying to get my daughter to nursery or back and spending the rest of the day in front of a laptop.

But however attractive walking all day sounds, I only allowed myself two points to sit down and draw or write. I wonder if I would be more productive if I didn't feel like I had to cover so much ground. I guess I'm just excited to be out in the countryside.

The real challenge tomorrow will be the weather I think. I shall have to see what I can do given the rain we're forecast.


I did enjoy taking time to sit outside and draw, not because I liked the results, but because I was forced to stop for a while and complete a task. I liked being on the hill fort Carl Wark, it reminded me of childhood holidays with my family and our pilgrimages to iron age hill forts in Dorset. Whatever their age, and Carl Wark is disputed, I do get a strange, slightly spooky feeling from those locations, perhaps I imagine how afraid one would have been if you felt the need for them.

Sadly, the screen of the eeepc was too dim to use it as a Claude Mirror - perhaps the bad weather tomorrow will suit itself although I'm a bit concerned about getting everything too wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment