Thursday 18 March 2010

Sangams Balti Restaurant Hathersage 19:29


Going Solo - kind of tricky in this populated island. Eating Solo - you can count on this if you're travelling alone. I guess I had my lunch (M&S sandwiches) sitting at the same table as a business man on the train but I don't count that as eating with someone. We hardly exchanged eye contact although he looked friendly, a little like Ian Wallace on My Music.

I just took a walk round the town (village?) that took me into the night. Leaving the hotel room, I rigged the webcam I bought in Nottingham to the strap of my rucksack and reset the script to take a few photos every 5 minutes instead of 10. found myself waiting around at the church on top of the hill so that I would have a picture of it but half way round the walk abandoned that and adopted the 'correct' attitude of forgetting when the camera would come on. Looking at the photos just now, I like the blurry, angled quality of some of them, that capture walking quite well. A few black pictures attest to the lack of street lighting in some parts of my walk. Will have to learn how to focus the webcam for tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment